0

Saxophone maintenance

January 2014.

Holiday Project – repair and clean saxophone.

Well finally it was time. The dirt, grime, and filth had built up enough on my 1933 conn Chu Berry Tenor sax.

People would often joke say “about time you polish the sax”….I just put it down to the fact the horn had no lacquer and would oxidise quickly….

But on closer inspection, IT WAS FILTHY – Obviously contributing to my dirty horn lines.

Took about 2-3 days to clean the beautiful lady….. But all the leaks are gone, along with an immense amount of grime…

She polished up well too!!!
Just like new again.

Of course it plays better too.

So happy with the job….I cleaned the alto sax too….and removed leaks in the soprano and baritone too.

Phew, maintenance done for a while….I hope!!!

🙂

20140308-211307.jpg

20140308-211335.jpg

20140308-211348.jpg

20140308-211402.jpg

20140308-211431.jpg

20140308-211443.jpg

20140308-211453.jpg

20140308-211515.jpg



Leave a Reply